Academic English Proficiency (AEP) prepares international students for undergraduate- and graduate-level academic proficiency in all four skills. This program meets the global requirement for college-level readiness, so you can confidently apply to the university of your choice.
- achieve required readiness for university/college work in reading, writing, listening and speaking at every university;
- gain essential proficiency in using formal English;
- practice writing university level assignments and projects.
English Language Proficiency courses (ELP) are designed to build spoken fluency in English. There are many small group, short-term workshops and clubs to choose from. Workshops and clubs can also be combined with other types of courses for additional practice.
This course aims to
- improve English language proficiency through discussions and participation;
- build fluency and accuracy in using English;
- go beyond learning grammar and vocabulary by using English extensively in varied contexts;
This program would prepare ESL students to take the two most widely accepted English proficiency tests—IELTS (academic) and TOEFL. The two tests are very different, and not all universities accept both test scores.
English For Specific Purposes (ESP) is especially meant for graduate-level students or students with advanced proficiency. This program meets the very specific academic needs. All the courses are completely integrated. This means that all courses cover the four language skills—reading, writing, listening and speaking. Students have the option to choose from many different specialized English courses.
- writing research papers, summaries and reports
- developing advanced critical thinking skills
- reparing for conference presentations, workshops and lectures